Saturday, April 02, 2005

Praying

God has brought to my attention of late, that He values and honours SINCERITY in our praying,..and IT IS important to Him. Often, in my praying, I realise that I don't mean what I pray at times. For example, in a prayer meeting, if the prayer agenda is for some unreach people group, I would pray for them and later realise, in all honesty, I don't seriously care what happens to them. Does God answer such prayers where my heart is not in resonance with what I say? In my reflections, I believe that in His grace, He might answer. But at the same time He might not, for I am clearly going through the motions in my prayer. Worse thing is....when it does not bother me whether or not He answers! Such is my wretched state. ( Thanks be to God that He promise He will never leave me in this state )
Insincere praying...does it offend God? Does He answer them? I don't think I have the all the answers but this much is true....we must examine ourselves and our intents when we pray, to ask the Holy Spirit to know our heart and try us [ Psalm 139:23 ], so that we will know our real intent, and pray prayers in the Holy Spirit that will move moutains, not just words or speeches that disappear into thin air, affecting nothing but the noise level.
I guess this in turn will lead back to the same question I was asking myself.."What to do with my insincerity? How do I pray for people whom I don't really have love or compassion for? For things that I just simple don't care about as much as the things that are affecting my life?"..... I think God showed me the solution is to also to PRAY. Pray to God, and tell him honestly, that you don't have enough love and compassion to pray sincerely for people, to ask Him to provide you with His love and His empathy. Tell God that you don't care about the things you are praying for but you WANT to care, that He grants you power over your apathy, that He gives you a heart full of compassion. I think ( I could be wrong ) that this is a little bit of what our Lord meant when He said " Watch ye and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, BUT THE FLESH IS WEAK" [ Mark 14:38 ] Let us all start to pray sincere prayers.To be honest with our dealings with the Almighty and with our fellow men. God never played games with us......let us learn not to play games with Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home